Sales Manager, Environmental Catalysts – Greater China
Planet Asia Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Office) China
About The Company
We are a representative office located in Minhang district, Shanghai. It is owned by a group under the flagship company Planet Asia with its headquarters in Singapore. Our group has operations in most major Asian markets and is involved in a diverse range of business activities. However, in China we are focused mainly in the areas of environmental catalysts and specialty polymers distribution. For the environmental catalysts, we have been collaborating with the CRI Catalyst Company over the past 18 years. The CRI Catalyst Company is a part of CRI/Criterion Inc., the global catalyst technology company of the Shell Group
The group has typically focused on the niche markets and rather than commodity businesses. This strategy has paid off as evident in our compound annual growth rate of close to 20 percent per annum for the last 16 years! We are looking for exceptional people who seek to be part of our corporate family and contribute to our success story.
The main duties and responsibilities of the job include the following:
- Deliver revenue and profit growth of the environmental catalysts business in Greater China in line with strategic plans developed jointly with our principal CRI Catalyst.
- Work closely with CRI Catalyst to target and secure business deals for environmental catalyst projects and mobilize appropriate resources to support effective implementation of such projects.
- Capture, communicate and exploit relevant market intelligence information.
- Recommend future strategies and plans to maximize contribution to Company.
- Apply rigorous contracting processes to minimize contractual risk and value leakage.
- Comply with company safety policies and actively support efforts towards Goal Zero.
- Fully comply with company business principles at all times including total anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering
- Mature and strong skills in leadership and interpersonal relationship management
- Experience in selling specialty products and/or services would be an advantage particularly in the area of petrochemical catalysts.
- Able to sell the performance benefits and value of specialty products to customers who are used to focusing primarily on lowest price.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is esssential.
- Evidence of a commercial mindset and strong customer focus.
- Strong sense of ethics and uncompromising integrity
- Preferably have own car
- Cheerful disposition and good sense of humour and someone who cherishes working in a close family like environment.
- If you do not quite have the requisite experience or qualifications but have an outstanding level of drive, energy and a deep sense of commitment and reliability, we’d like to hear from you too.
For the ideal candidate who measures closely to the requirements, a competitive remuneration package will be offered, as well as outstanding opportunities for growth, continuous learning, and personal development and of course rewards.
Please apply with a detailed personal resume, stating availability, current salary (documentary evidence needed)/expected salary and attaching a recent photo. Please address your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are requested to follow these requirements closely for their submission of job applications. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.